- DATE: Friday, September 24 from Noon to 12:45 pm EST.
- Facilitator: Gregory Johnson, CRSH therapist
- Webinar consists of a 30-minute presentation followed by 15 minutes for questions and discussion.
- Cost: FREE
- Login information will be emailed to you prior to the course.
- Can’t make it? Register anyway and we will send you the recording from the live webinar.
FREE WEBINAR: Gay men have body image issues
Are you preoccupied with your weight and appearance? Do you frequently compare your body to others and feel yours is flawed? Do you struggle with feelings of depression, isolation, disconnection or low self-esteem because you feel you don’t look good? Have you started engaging in unhealthy behaviors to help you lose weight?
Greg Johnson, therapist with The Center for Relationship and Sexual Health, will conduct a free, 45-minute webinar designed to help you regain your self-esteem and feel good about yourself again. The webinar will take place Friday, Sept. 24 at noon.
Greg knows first-hand how it feels to be consumed with body image. As a teenager, he modeled and never felt he looked good enough. His own community of gay men reinforced his feelings, urging him to lie about his age so he could continue his career. He felt betrayed by the people who should be in his corner the most.
“We cannot change the world, but we can change ourselves,” Greg announces. “It is time to start valuing and validating ourselves instead of worrying about how we look.”
Participants will have an opportunity to ask questions after the presentation.