The CRSH blog was established to serve as a knowledge source for relationship and sexual health. Through Dr. Kort, this blog explores diverse sex topics ranging from sex addiction to gender identity to relationship building strategies.
Take a moment to save this web page to your favorites today.
Here are the alarming facts about suicide:
- In 2016, approximately 9.8 million people considered taking their own life.
- On an average, one person dies by suicide every 12 minutes in the US.
- We lose more than 800,000 people to suicide each year.
- In 2017, there were twice as many suicides than homicides in the US.
- Suicide is the 10th major cause of death worldwide.
- It is the leading cause of death in men under the age of 50.
- It was the second leading cause of death for people aged 10 to 34 in the US in 2017.
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual and questioning youth are almost five times more likely to attempt suicide.
- Approximately 40 percent of transgender adults reported having made a suicide attempt.
- Nearly 10.5 percent of people age 18 to 25 in the US had serious suicidal thoughts in 2017.
- For every suicide, there are 25 attempts.
- Depression, a major contributing factor to suicide, affects 20 percent to 25 percent of Americans over the age of 18.
- Only half of all Americans experiencing an episode of major depression receive treatment.
- Approximately 80 percent to 90 percent of people who seek treatment for depression are treated successfully using therapy or medication.
Conflict is inevitable amongst families. Any sort of conflict, lack of communications, fighting, or mismatching personality styles, can deteriorate family relationships. The lack of communication skills to talk through conflict damages intimacy, bonds and trust between you, and not being able to have open conversations with each other, can harm family life. Not talking effectively to each other can often lead to resentment or stonewalling. The way families chose to resolve and handle conflict makes a huge difference to family life.
@drjoekort @DrDavidLey @DrSendak And you @DrDavidLey
@drjoekort @DrDavidLey @DrSendak I’m peanut butter.
@drjoekort Sex addiction is an unnecessary label. There are hundreds of reasons for out-of-control sexual behavior.… https://t.co/hJC5cE81KH
@drjoekort RT @DrDonnica: @SexualityToday @drjoekort @DrMorgentaler @drbrandon Very important topic! Happy to spread the word! For other important pen…
@drjoekort RT @JustinLehmiller: Sexual Arousal Puts Us In a Risk-Taking State of Mind https://t.co/ZSfDkWfsrQ