Saturday 9:30 am to 9 pm | Sunday 9:30 am to 6 pm
Cost: $700 per couple
Location: Joe Kort and Associates: 25600 Woodward Ave, Suite 215, Royal Oak, MI 48067
This workshop will benefit you if:
- You experienced infidelity and betrayal and want to gain back trust in the relationship
- You want to enrich a good relationship
- You are beginning a relationship you want to keep
- You are in a difficult relationship and you want to resolve longstanding conflicts
- You are near break-up and want to decide if the relationship can be saved
Your participation will give you:
- New communication skills that break destructive cycles of relating.
- Greater compassion and understanding of yourself and your partner
- An understanding that the unconscious forces that attract you to your partner are also the source of conflict
- Awareness of how to use your relationship for mutual healing and fulfillment
- Ideas for re-establishing the excitement and connection of your early time together
Limited to 10 couples. Pre-registration is required.
Presenter: Joe Kort, Ph.D. Joe Kort is a Nationally Certified Imago Therapist trained to work with couples and singles. He is also a Nationally Certified Workshop Presenter for “Getting The Love You Want” which qualifies him to provide these weekends. Joe’s Masters Degrees have prepared him for both psychology and social work. He is dedicated to the well-being of all couples, both gay and straight alike. Joe offers individual, group and couples psychotherapy.
The workshop includes a manual which you will be using throughout the weekend to write down effective ways to personally communicate with your partner. You will take the manuals with you following the workshop to continue doing the work. There is no unwanted sharing nor is there much interaction from one couple to another.. Many have concerns there will be group therapy dynamics however this is not the case.
This weekend couples workshop is based on Imago Relationship Therapy, as developed by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. and explained in his book, Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples.
A 50% deposit is required to reserve a spot, with the balance due 7 days before the start of the workshop. The registration fee includes the workshop itself, workbooks, and coffee and tea. Meal breaks and accommodations are not included in the workshop price. You will receive a email confirmation of the receipt along with logistics for the weekend once we have processed your registration fee. If you have to cancel and do so at least 7 days before the workshop, all but $100 of your registration fee will be refunded to you. No refunds will be made if (1) you cancel less than 7 days before the workshop; (2) you do not attend; and (3) you do not complete the workshop.
Here's what some participants said about our last workshop
“I forgot how much we used to laugh." – Participant
“Sometimes the book is better than the movie, but with this weekend, I think the movie (the workshop) is better to go to first and then the book." – Participant